Ditch the boring old stationery sets, and instead make your own with some colorful paper scraps and our handy printable template.
If letter writing is your jam, this collaged letter writing paper is sure to add some flair to your snail mail.
It’s easy to create a unique letter-writing kit in your own personal style. Make it colorful or elegant, and print up as many pages as you need.
When you run out of letter writing paper, just run off more copies with a photocopier or printer.
You can even make matching envelopes with this DIY Envelope Template.
This is a fun project to make with kids. Collect interesting paper scraps, photos, stickers, or even pressed flowers to decorate the lined paper template. They will love sending letters to their pen-pals, friends, and family.
A homemade stationery set also makes a great gift for letter-writing friends. Just package it up in a cello bag for a professional finish.
Photocopying or scanning collaged paper is a fantastic technique that can be adapted for many creative uses. In the past, we’ve made wrapping paper with vintage ribbons and flowers. Use them as inspiration for your own DIY letter-writing paper designs.
Personalise your letters with your own Collaged Stationery Set
You will need:
- A4 printer paper
- Paper scraps (magazines, gift wrap, colored paper)
- Glue (or double-sided tape)
- Colour Photocopier (or scanner and printer)
1. Print the template at 100%.
2. Cut up the scrap paper into small, interesting shapes. The shape could be anything – circles, hearts, teardrops, etc. You could also use stickers, pressed flowers, or photos.
3. Play around with the layout of the cutout shapes, onto the printed template. You are creating a border with the shapes, so ensure the stationery lines on the template are mostly visible.
4. Glue (or tape) the shapes to the template.
5. Now you can photocopy multiple copies of your paper-crafted stationery design. Alternatively, scan the design and save it as a JPG file, then make multiple copies on a printer.
Keep the original art (or digital file) safe so you can make further copies when you run out of letter-writing paper.